Thursday, 22 Mar 2018 6:30 PM
Virtual Reality is getting more adopted by more companies by the day. It’s not only a great way to play games or creative applications, but also for learning and assessments. Adriaan will talk about what he as CTO at Warp Industries does with immersive technologies. Warp’s mission is to let people learn in a more effective & engaging way. He will talk about how immersive technologies can be used to reach this mission. Furthermore, he will show how Warp’s immersive learning software is being used by their clients. Examples will include fire drill training, learning engineers how to maintain aircrafts & assessment of salespeople.
He will give you a sneak peek of how he believes the near future of the immersive technologies will look like. Hold on to your seatbelt, because the episodes from Black Mirror will not seem that distant in the future. The session should therefore end at the bar with a lengthy discussion on how you yourself will use these technologies to your own benefit.
What to expect?
– Interesting talk about training and assessments using virtual reality
– Demo’s with use cases of training and assessments.
– Meet the enthusiastic VR/AR community of the Rotterdam area.
– Awesome opportunity to do some VR/AR networking.
– Get inspired by VR/AR enthusiasts.
– Drinks. (Only inside the Venture Cafe)
What’s the schedule?
– VR010 community is present from 16:00 until 20:00 within the Venture Cafe
– The talk will be starting at: 18:30 and end at 19:30.
– Optional: join after 20:00 at Cafe Engels (downstairs) for a little after talk with the community until 22:00. Drinks at this location are not included.
How can I sign up?
Sign up using this meetup page so we know how many people we can expect. The talk itself can only house 30 people which means: who comes first served first. However if it’s full, there is enough space in the Venture Cafe itself to talk with the community, do some networking and take a look at the demo’s.
How to get there?
Venture Cafe is located inside the Groothandelsgebouw which is next to Rotterdam Central Station. It’s a perfect location when you’re joining straight after work as the travel time from the station to the building is less then 5 min walk included getting on the right floor.
Exact details: Stationsplein 45, 3013 AK, Rotterdam, 4th floor Groothandelsgebouw. If you don’t know how to get there, ask the people at the reception downstairs.
Got any questions?
Leave a message or contact me directly using meetup.
Nathan van Hulst
Commentaar op dit bericht is uitgeschakeld