In preparation of the 2nd Brussels VRhackathon, Be.VR organizes a training for VR tech newbies. The goal here is to provide adequate directions in order to create a prototype that would be technically & conceptually viable. The whole training will be divided in 2 parts :
– 1 on the basic VR technical side (4 courses in September)
– 1 on the VR creative (team) side (2 courses in October).
In order to guarantee quality, attendance will be (strictly) limited to 10 seats (for at least the first 4 trainings)– this is a requirement from tutors. As demand is strong, there might be selection required – based on the following:
– first registered / first served (mainly, but as well based on the following points…)
– profile type of the motivated learner (Pro/ Hobby Dev, Art Designer, Hardware, data driven profile…) – this is in order to create a group dynamic
– participation to the Brussels October VRHackathon (you need to purchase your tickets)
– total number of workshops taken (the more you take, the more chances you get accepted for the program…)
Special offer with the VRHackathon (thanks to the Microsoft Innovation Center):
– if you participate (“participate” = list of presence will be set in place at each workshops) to the entire VRhackathon training program (6 workshops) -> FREE entry to the VRHackathon (your ticket will be reimbursed).
– if you participate to 4 Workshops ->50% off the VRHackathon price (in addition to early bird discount if subscription before the 31st of August)
– if you participate to 2 workshops ->25% off the VRHackathon price (in addition to early bird discount if subscription before the 31st of August)
————– Your first Android VR application (1 session of 2 hours) ————– This workshop is for everybody that want to learn how easy it is to deploy an Android game during a hackathon. under Unity 3D.
You are going to learn how to create, and deploy, a simple virtual reality application in Unity3D using: Unity Native support, the cardboard and the Gear VR.
– Brief introduction of the mobile advantages and possibilities in VR
– Installation of the required tools: Java SDK and Android SDK
– Creation and compilation of a “Hello World” APK
– Introduction to the native virtual reality support of Unity3D
– Introduction to the Google Cardboard plug-in
– Introduction to the Gear VR plug-in and the oSig files
Bonus: Use profiling tool to improve your application.
Requirements for the workshop:
– Basic Knowledge of Unity3D
– A Windows laptop with Unity3D installed
– No coding skills is required to follow the workshop
– IT knowledge is a plus
– A cardboard of any type
Tutor of this session:
Eloi Strée is an autodidact as Unity3D developer in the video game industry, my speciality is the video game prototyping in new technologies mainly in Virtual Reality.
Rule n°1: Always have a Gear VR with you
Rule n°2: Do every game jam you can afford
Rule n°3: Always try to do crazy project, like a game for blind people in Virtual Reality !
25€ for non-students
15€ for students (To be paid in advance via Bank transfer (in order to validate subscription). Details only communicated to the selected profiles (confirmation by August the 15th).)
Any questions, please comment below